Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Grasshopper

Last weekend it was 40 degrees. So what do you do when the weather gets "nice" in the Midwest winter? Go to the zoo! I bought this little 5x7 spiral bound note book.  What makes it special is that it's made of elephant pooh (makes you want to wash your hands)! The little card that comes with it says its handcrafted with a mixture of elephant dung and rice paddy.  It was pulped to perfection by the elephants of Sri Lanka.  As you might imagine it's a course paper so I thought my carbon pencils and pastels will work great on it.  You do have to be careful with pressure and erasing.  It's on the delicate side. I've decided to do zoo pics in it as one might expect. They sell larger sheets in different colors on their website. Once I get used to it I may do larger pic! http://www.mrelliepooh.com/

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA