Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Tomato


Step 5  This step has Pumpkin Orange and Raspberry.






Step 6  I like the look of the transparency of the color here.  I'd probably have stopped at this point.






Step 7  This step fills in every bit of white paper.  You loose the transparency here.   Slate grey was layered over the table shadow. I immediately regretted this even though it's in the directions.


Finished!  I can't take credit for it but I think it turned out awesome.  In person it looks like an acrylic sticker on the paper. I didn't pay attention to the form of my tomato in the beginning because I was more interested in learning the color. Got to remember to do that next time.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to transfer these techniques into my own work yet. 23 colors were used in total! I think I need more practice. Time to turn the page and see my next exercise.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA