Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Belle


 I thought with this post I'd give you a little insight on how I work. Normally I crop my pic to what it will look like under a mat. This is done on 14x17 Bristol Vellum but my actual finished product size is Approx. 8x10.  In the upper right are notes to myself on what materials I used,  process I employed and in what order. When I switch to a different media for an extended time I need a little reminder of how I did things. In the lower right is my "graphite/carbon farm" a technique I use that I didn't realize others used until I read some use the term graphite farm.  I apply graphite and or carbon here then pick it up with my stubs to apply to my drawing. Don't forget to label each patch of graphite/carbon with it's lead hardness H, HB etc. Be careful to keep the area around it free graphite/carbon dust. I use my kneaded eraser frequently to clean all around my drawing.  You could use a separate piece of paper for the graphite/carbon farm to help keep your drawing clean but you'll still want to keep the area around it clean as possible.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA