Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Spiral


I decided not to post any more of the memorial drawing I'm doing for my sister-in-law until it's done. I thought she needed a surprise too! So here's a gourd I did a year or so ago. The dried gourd's top was cut off at an angle and a tool was used to clean out all the skin and seeds inside. The inside is sprayed with black paint that has glitter in it. Then a whole drilled out of the middle for the dreamcatcher. The design was done with a wood burner. It's called pyrography. The brown you see on the sides and back is wood dye. I sold a lot of different gourds at the farmers market with my mothers help. You'll be seeing more in the next few days until the memorial pic is done.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA