Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Macy"

  From frustration to fabulous. Okay maybe not fabulous but I like alliteration. It's great when you just don't want to put your drawing down!  Once again my lack of preplanning messed me up a bit.  You can't put carbon pencil over graphite (graphite has some wax in it). I didn't realize I might want to use my carbon pencil then decided I needed it for the hair.  The hair is very dark and a mass area of dark graphite would have given it a shine I didn't want. Luckily the area I put dark graphite was in small areas nostril, eye, lip and that small area under the headdress above her eye.  I was able to go back in with 8b graphite to get it darker.
  Still wish I had first class photography set up. This is bright white paper but looks washed out here because I can't take the pic with a flash. I'll get graphite glare. Oh well, can't have everything.

1 comment:

BarbieNEDoll said...

Better and better all the time.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA