Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Katie and Alex 2010

Katie & Alex

Finally a real posting!  This is a commission I did for a very good friend of mine.  She's giving it as a Christmas gift.  As a matter of fact she commissioned this same piece last year for a Christmas gift to another person.  This made it very interesting and yet again another learning experience.  I usually write down all the colors I used. Even pencil lead softness. Guess what I didn't do the first time?  Luckily I had a digital pic on file and could match things up.  Next, I usually keep the initial drawing I do that is used to transfer on to the watercolor paper. (you don't sketch on the watercolor paper. make your mistakes on the initial drawing)  Guess what I didn't keep? Next make sure I don't change anything up too much, no artistic license.  I figure if she liked the first one enough to reorder don't change a thing.  All in all I think they are the same. As a matter of fact I think this one is a little better since I had practice on the first. Now off to mail it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- You sure made it work. Sometimes it's almost a blessing in disguise when we don't do what we think we did do to stay organized. You had to go back and completely re-create this piece and just look at it. This couple's personality just shines through. I would LOVE to know these people. They look so kind and fun! Great job!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA