Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Bootlegger"

"Bootlegger" This is done in Water soluble graphite. This was my first attempt with this medium and I was hooked. It works just like graphite but wetted it acts like watercolor. The pencils come in different hardnesses like other graphite but even the hardest is still quite soft. Have a pencil sharpener handy. This is an old picture of my Great Uncle Alvin. My mother assures me he wasn't a bootlegger. That was a different uncle :) I've always been fascinated with the photo as a child and imagined he was a bootlegger so the name stuck. It won artist of the month in my local Artist Association.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA