Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Just try and stay out of my way. Just try my pretty."

Just rollin' away on this one.  Really It's taken longer than the 4 days of these posts to get this work done.  Probably at least 9 or 10 days.  This shows the Crimson Lake on all layers and then a second layer on just the light areas.  Although my darks are showing up nicely hear they seem to be getting a little lost in areas on the actual drawing.  I might have to go back and re enforce those after I get the next two layers in.  Yes two more layers of red at least before the shoe strings and rubber parts. What do you think about her leg?  Right now it has a light wash as the background.  Can't decide if it needs some layers of green colored pencil to make it stand out.  I'd love to make them hairy legs but I'd never be able to pull it off realistically.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA