Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Monday, October 18, 2010

grey feather

Building layers

This layer actually has Pumpkin orange in it.




Refining Values

Now we get into the Dk. Green, Black Cherry and Indigo Blue




Burnished

This was a quick study.  I think it only took me about 5 or 6 hours. Does it look like a grey feather?
The main colors used were Black Grape, Indigo Blue,  Goldenrod, Dioxazine Purple, Pumpkin Orange, Dr. Green, and Black Cherry. The highlights had some Greyed Lavender, Slate Grey, Sky Blue Light and White. The linear strokes in this made it go faster than the very small circle strokes to build  color. All in all I'm pleased.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great. Amazing how many colors go into it to get it to produce that feathery grey. In response to your profile: I disagree with the "amateur artist"....you are quite accomplished!! It was fun to peruse your blog.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA