Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Friday, August 21, 2009

"Mt. Trashmore 2"


This is the complementary picture of the one I did on 19 Aug. It also is graphite with a watercolor wash. It appears my computer distorted the colors a bit. I did the best to correct that here. I found the face in shadows was a lot harder then the one of his sister in full sun. The old wood turned out better than I anticipated . The bits of old white paint popped out once I got the watercolor wash on. I plan on putting one or both of these paintings in the Silver Palette competition in October. Once I find out more guidelines.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA