Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Ultra Classic Electra Glide


I bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth.  The Holidays did me in.  I have been busy doing this drawing though.  This is my husband's Harley. This is my first endeavor in colored pencil without the aid of a step by step tutorial.  Guess what, colored pencil takes even longer than graphite!  The finished areas have at least 8 layers of color. I'm more than 35 hours into this and want very badly to be done.  It's 11x14 so I have a long way to go.

4 comments:

Kathy Jurek said...

I know John was starting to wonder how you were. :) This is really great, Theresa. I took a colored pencil workshop with Ann Kullberg in '00. I made the mistake of working too large and last year when I thought I'd pull out my painting and finish it, I discovered it had gotten moldy.

Theresa Rhodus said...

Are you sure it's not wax bloom. Like a white film. They say you can fix that with fixative.

BarbieNEDoll said...

Great piece of art work.

BarbieNEDoll said...

Great piece of art work.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA