Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Just try and stay out of my way. Just try my pretty."


So the local art gallery http://www.hotshopsartcenter.com/ is having a theme show in December, "Wizard of Oz" So this is my interpretation. First I'd like to thank an old high school friend for the converse sneakers inspiration.  My idea is that the Wicked Witch actually got the Ruby slippers.  Once on they take the personality of the wearer.  It's on watercolor paper with a wash of sap green and black.  The witches colors and remembering she was melted by the water.  Using dark green Prisma colored pencil I worked all the dark shadow areas of the shoes. Yes, they will turn red soon!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA