Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yellow Pear w/ Grapes


It's an omen! The exercise started off bad. I wasn't able to find all the colors listed for this project.  They are lightfast prismacolors and I guess I can only find them online.  SOOO I'm improvising.



Getting some shadow depth here. This is the second drawing I did of this pic.  The first I used a hard lead pencil and it put grooves in the paper Then the colored pencil doesn't want to fill in the small grooves.


Even though I redrew and used a VERY light hand I still got the grooves!  Not sure if it's the paper change from the tomato pic. That was done on W/C paper this on bristol vellum or the hard lead.  I decided not to redo but to learn something and see if I can fill it in. (Enlarge and you can see it)

Another thing I learned was the directions said to use a Verithin white pencil to burnish the reflections on the grapes.  Well I don't like this method at all! You get close with the color and it gets in the white and creates a bad effect. See you when I get the next four steps done.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA