Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tomato

I got a new book "Masterful Color" vibrant colored pencil paintings layer by layer by Arlene Steinberg.
As a how to book I really like it so I'm doing some of the exercises in it.  The first is this tomato.  No it's not a green tomato. In the end it will be red.  The idea is using complementary colors for the shadow areas. This has several greens. Dar, Green, Celadon Green, and Jade Green.  In the steam there is Inigo Blue and Black Cherry and the shadow has Dioxazine Purple Hue with Greyed lavender.



Now I've layered Black Cherry all over the Greens and table shadow. Also some Yellow Ochre in the shadow.





Now It's supposed to start turning red. Tuscan Red is layered on the Black cherry and Black Cherry and Slate Grey in the shadow. Plus a little Olive Green in the steam.

Getting some highlights in with Jasmine and more Yellow Ochre in the shadow. Now a little more red with Raspberry over the Tuscan Red. Stay tuned for the next 4 steps! (Don't forget to double click the pic to see enlarged)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA