Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yellow Pear w/ Grapes


Darkening the color again.







Defining the fruit, shadow and highlights.







Saturating the paper with color.







Burnished and done!  Well I didn't like this as much as the tomato. I learned many things not to do which is as much of the point with these exercises as how to do the techniques. Mostly I want to learn more about color which I just love here.  You can still see the grooves the graphite made I just couldn't fill in. I know how to fix that so stay tuned for that in the next exercise.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA