Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Iris


So to elevate my grooves from the graphite I did this contour in color pencils that correspond to the underpainting. If you are interested in this technique...
http://www.amazon.com/Masterful-Color-Vibrant-Colored-Paintings/dp/1581809573


Underpainting in Black Grape and Black Cherry.







Adding some color.







Turning the Iris Blue.  This step was hard for me because I think of Iris's as Purple but the finished blues will look great.

1 comment:

BarbieNEDoll said...

You have such talent! Keep up the good work.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA