Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Black Cherry Pearl

8x10
Colored Pencil
Well I had been going layer by layer but found at this point that was impossible because you have to do layers 3, 4, and 5 at once to enable the blending process. Layers 3 and 4 are generally the same as 1 and 2 with Layer 5 and sometimes 6 blending and mixing. From left to right this is basically finished on the left.  Some final tweaking will be done once I get it all done.  It's important to mention to keep your whites clean as you go. They become "dirty" no matter how careful you are. I use sticky tack to pick up any big bits then use the electric eraser to thoroughly clean. If you don't use the sticky tack in a blotting motion before the electric eraser you will actually grind in color and make a disaster of your whites. A kneaded eraser will also smear and force in unwanted color if not done in a blotting motion rather than a wiping motion. 50 hours in! Why oh why do a pick such time consuming mediums and subject matter. Oh, that's right the CHALLENGE!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA