Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Doc



This is from a pic I took at the Bellevue Berry Patch. He was selling bird water whistles and when I asked him if I could take his pic he struck this perfect pose.  He said many artists have asked him for his pic. I titled is "Doc" because I thought he looked like an old time doctor.  He also looks like Santa so I probably will retool his hat and cloths at another time to do a Christmas drawing. The background, beard and face are done in graphite and the hat in carbon pencil. A combo of graphite and charcoal. In the next few days I will work the beard erasing adding graphite to get all the whiskers.  It's my first time doing this so wish me luck!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA