Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Feathers


11x14
Colored Pencil 
on Watercolor paper






 So this was a two year adventure! I would work on it then put it away then work on it for two years. It was always lurking there in my studio mocking me.  Finally I decided it was either me or the painting! Why couldn't I finish it? I needed to answer this. I REALLY asked myself this and made myself think.  One it was too big for a color pencil painting. It's original size was 18 x 24. Then there was the matter of things shouldn't be dead center and although this looks to be dead center it was a hair off. This BUGGED me. I tackled the first problem which fixed the second. In the last pic you can see that I chopped it up. Yep, sliced and diced it into something more manageable and not so much of a bullseye. That seems like a scary thing to do but as I said, "I was either me or the painting."  The final piece is now a respectable 11 x 14 and color pencil artist can achieve.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I teach art through many venues. Currently I teach with Metro Community College Continuing Education. Also I belong to the art galleries Eppley Gallery at the Eppley Airport in Omaha Nebraska and "Fine Arts on Fifth" in Malvern IA